I was got a Mac Book pro to fix the other day, the problem was that it couldn’t get passed the OSX loading screen .
So I downloaded myself a OSX install ISO and then went to burn it. To my utter shock it was slightly bigger than what could fit on the blank DVD’s I had. So I tryed to mount it to a USB and make it bootable. I do not have any Macs or anything running OSX, apparently it is easier to do from Mac OS, on windows it is a little bit more difficult. I tried a few different ways to do it and none of them worked. Then I tried this method and it worked, so here it is.
- You will need to download a program called PowerISO
- Then install it
- Now you need to open the PowerISO software
- Select Open and then navigate to your ISO of the image
- Once it is opened you need to go to Tools in the menu bar and select Create a bootable USB
- Then you need to select the device that you want to install it on – This is the USB
- Then select start.
- Once its finished eject the USB drive and plug it into the Mac device, then boot to USB and off you go.
Hope this helps you 🙂