What is Teamviewer?
Teamviewer is a wonderful little program that allows remote access from one computer to another. This program offers the wonderful feature of actual remote control, not just remote access like RDP(Remote desktop protocol) so the person sitting at the computer you are accessing can see what you are doing and also if you allow access to somebody else you can see that they are not accessing files that you dont want them to or installing a virus or anything else that could be detrimental to your security. This is a free remote access program, free to download and use as long as you are not using it in a commercial environment.
1. Navigate to the Teamviewer download page(link is at the top of this post).
2. Download the appropriate version(32bit or 64bit)
3. A pop-up window appears asking how you want to manage this file, select open with Ubuntu software center.
4. Once the file has downloaded it will open the Ubuntu software center automatically. You then press the install button.
5. It will then prompt you to input your password for sudo.
5. Follow prompts for first start up
Now your Teamviewer is installed on your Ubuntu system. Enjoy!!